Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oops

I confess to a certain smugness last week. By Wednesday I had finished my shopping, decorating, wrapping and cards. Plenty of time, I thought, to relax and enjoy life. Then I woke on Thursday sick. I am never sick. A week later and I am just starting to move about again. All those things I was going to relax and do when I wanted to are now piling up into a heap of alarming size. Not quite what I planned at all.
School is now over for the year, David is on holiday, Diana is having a wonderful time in NZ, Andrew and Ann are happily looking forward to their first Christmas in their new home, Mum is well, and here I sit with the Christmas lights twinkling, and I am so thankful for all the real blessings in my life. Perhaps having a rest (enforced) at this time of the year is a special gift.

No comments: