Thursday, April 27, 2006

Engelberg

Well, here I am in Engelberg in central Switzerland. You can go to the link I have for Engelberg and see the livecam images. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I am sitting in my sister's study and looking out the window, all I can see are mountains. You can stand in the garden and turn in a circle, and there are the most stunning alps all around you. The village is 1000ft above sea level, and it is an all year round ski resort. There is a glacier up at the top of Mt Titlis, and there is so much to see and do and it is just wonderful. Down the mountain, there is Luzern.

I flew in yesterday for a surprise visit. I need the mountains and the forests and the peace I find here. It doesn't matter what time of year you come. You will never be disappointed. My arrival was greeted with shrieks of delight, (even though Marge did walk past me twice without registering I was there!) I came up from Luzern on the little red train, which is a magical way to arrive. Halfway up the mountain it shifts onto cogs as it gets so steep. Repairs are still in progress after the disastrous floods of last summer. The ones that chose to go directly through my sister' house. The garden is a mess, and I will get stuck in over the week I am here. Quite possibly in more ways than one! (This keyboard is Swiss, and the letters are all in strange places.) I will be out on my walks soon, and we are off to dinner in my brother-in-law's restaurant, the Boden, tonight. Photos coming soon.

This is the most healing place I know. You have to come too.

1 comment:

Diana Langdon said...

I want to be there too.... :o(