Sunday, April 30, 2006

Magical Morning

This morning I woke up to the most glorious of days. After 4 days of rain and cloud, it snowed last night and I was up and out at 8 on my favourite walk through the forests. Deep blue skies, sun shining, and mountains covered in snow. Crisp and clean and amazing. " I lift my eyes to the hills" springs to the mind. Come with me and you will see why I love it so......
This is De Hanen with the sun rising behing it.


I walked up the hill to the End of the World, past the rafting pool which was just rubble the last time I saw it after the floods. The road was icy, so it was slow going.


Here we are in the forest. I actually took 32 photos in the forest, but you can see how beautiful if is from these. The birds were singing, and there was no-one about. The snow was starting to fall from the trees in the sun. The only sounds were from the birds, the waterfalls among the trees, and the rustling of the snow dropping.


There cannot be many places quite as peaceful and glorious as this.


And look at the valley below. Wow! is inadequate. It is real, and so utterly beautiful, words can't describe how much I love it. I am going out for another walk this afternoon. I wish you could all be here to see it too.

No comments: