Monday, May 01, 2006

Sunny afternoon

By afternoon, all the snow in the village was gone, so I am so glad I went out so early. I took the dogs to meet Peter at the See, and then went on a walk up the valley to the camping site. This is the view from the front of Marge's house. It was covered with snow in the morning.

The See, looking back toward the village.


And this is on the way up the valley, along the river. So green, and all the little wildflowers are starting to come out too. My feet were numb by evening, but I had the best day, and, as I keep saying, Engelberg is food for the soul. I never want to leave. Just one day left now.

Today I went to help at the Boden. What an eye-opener. It was amazing watching my brother-in-law at work for the first time. He is a really great chef. So when you come to Engelberg, as you all will, now that you have seen just how special it is, you will have to go to the Boden for a meal too! And what a pity I don't have a photo of me looking particularly stunning in a white apron. The finger nails will never be the same, but it was such fun. One more day. Did I say that? Sigh.

No comments: