Monday, June 26, 2006

Rain stopped play


Well, it had to happen, didn't it???? Wimbeldon starts today and so far the weather forecasters do not expect much, if any, play today. I am less than impressed. No rain for weeks and then tennis starts and it comes like a magnet, drawn to London. Sigh.

I want sunny skies for the tennis! We saw the new uniforms for officials this morning. Hmmmmm. I am not sure about this. I wish they were more casual and relaxed about dress at Wimbeldon.

Glynis and I have been a good few times, and have had a great time there. I love the atmosphere, and all the tennis, and even though the last time we went, yes, it was on the ONLY day it rained that year, we still managed to have a good time. We did see a women's semi final in the end. I managed to get tickets in the ballot last year, but didn't try this year. The new covered court will be wonderful when it is finally built. I never did understand why Crt No 1 didn't have one.

No comments: