Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sun arrives!



  1. Sunshine
  2. Happy son
  3. Snow ploughs (I think)
  4. Flowers in bloom
  5. Call from my daughter

    Today there is not a cloud in the sky, and the boys have gone off on the trike down the mountain for an adventure. Please note the blue sky in the photo. And shadows! David was really excited about his first trip on it, and so help me, all the Asian tourists gathered outside to take photos of them. Then one Indian lady even asked if she could come and look inside the house. I don't think so. So Dave has had a brush with stardom. Good. We are meeting them at the End of the World at Horbis for lunch.

Mum and I have been in the garden,and she has been cutting all the grass between the paving slabs, and is now unable to stand up staright. I have put all the pots out, after 2 weeks under cover to protect them from the rain. And as a final exciting extra, a parade of all the new snow ploughs etc has just gone through the village, past the house, to the Sports Hall Park over the road, for an exhibition. The Swiss folk music band is tuning up as I speak. Perfect weather for snow ploughs. The first day the sun shines. It is Marias Hemel Fahrt here......... Mary's ascension into heaven, and it is a public holiday. I have no idea what it would be called in English, but i do know that you are not supposed to work on the garden etc on Holy days, including Sundays. I was going to paint the railings, but I can't. So I will go and laze in the sun.

No comments: