Saturday, October 07, 2006

Blogging Mums

I told you all last week that I had stumbled upon a whole new world of blogging Mums, and I am learning so much from them and their cyber (I think) communities. When I can work out how, I will put a list of the ones I read on the blog. I am fascinated by their pride in being stay at home mums (SAHM) and their delight in being women who have faith. There does not seem to be the same stigma as there is here if you decide to stay home to raise your own children. I know that modern day economics in the UK mean that to just get on the property ladder means having 2 incomes to finance a house, but there is so much to be said for being around to delight in the home and your family. And a great deal to be said about the way SAHMs here are regarded as second class citizens.

And just when your family leaves, it is time to start taking care of your parents too, so if you can't be home, it means paying someone else to do what no-one can do quite as well as you can. I feel I could be about to leap on a soap box. That can wait for tomorrow. I need to go and cook. I will be back.

No comments: