Monday, January 15, 2007

Things can get better!

Today we got a supply teacher who has actually at some stage of her life, taught graphics. This is a major miracle. A meeting I was not looking forward to was cancelled. My classes today went really well. Tori and I are going on a new textiles course for 4 days soon, and this afternoon, at a meeting of the textile department with an outside expert, we divided up our top year into 3 separate classes which we will rotate in 3 sections to cover all the work. So there is progress at last. We are all focussing on our individual strengths, and that will be really good. We managed to use the laser cutter to engrave denim without setting fire to it, and the girls were impressed. So many little things, and they all combined to make a good day.

Right then.... I am off to see if the hot water is working. It was not this morning. I cannot tell you how much I dislike being woken at dawn to hear things don't work. Especially as I have no idea how to fix them. I am used to having someone around who can fix things. Groan. But , in the greater scheme of things, this is a minor. The chocolate biscuits at the Co-op were on spectacular offer, so I have a stash. Hidden. I have chocolate. Life is just fine.

3 comments:

someone else said...

Sense of humor....check.

You are always such fun to read. I'm glad your day was a good one.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that... laser cuter and denim sounds scary!

I ate brownies today so life here is also "just fine!"

Anonymous said...

hehe, teaching with my little sis. quality!