Monday, May 14, 2007

Seven things.......

His singer has tagged me for a meme on "7 things you don't know about me." Or something like that. Anyway, 7 random things about me. Hmmm. Let me think.

Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!

  1. I have an absolute compulsion to know the news. I need to know what is going on all over the world.
  2. I LOVE quizzes. General knowledge type of quizzes. And I need to find out all the answers too.
  3. I have a very long list of things I want to do before I die. It gets longer each year, but I do manage to cross bits off now and then. It ranges from pie-in-the-sky to banal. ( I have crossed off the hotair balloon ride...that was great!) Dreams are good.
  4. I make mixed media wallhangings of family trees. I am a textile artist at heart. Not a teacher. Now I have no time to be creative.
  5. If I had grown up in a different time or place, I might have been a carpenter. I love working with wood.
  6. I am a night owl. I love being up late, especially when everyone else is asleep. That is when I get computer time.
  7. I adore books. I always have a pile waiting to be read. I have way too many, and I cannot sit still in a house where I can't see any. It feels weird.

So that is my list. Now I tag Heidi , Laura , Isabelle , Momteacherfriend , Susan , Linda , and
Dawn . Of course, as you know, my memory is not what it once was, and you may very well have already done this one! So feel free to skip it if you have. It is becoming increasingly harder to find people who have not done all the great memes doing the rounds. And thanks very much for the thinking blogger award from Sandy ..... I have been meaning to say how honoured I am that you chose me, Sandy. Thanks! Not that there have been any great thought-provoking posts in recent days.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Great job Linds. I love your list. I think it's great to have a list like that - I'll have to work on that one. I feel the same way about books - can't live without them. I love the smell in the air when someone is working with wood. My Dad always has some sort of wood-working project going. I suppose that's why.
I hope you will get back some of that time to be creative. For now - you are doing a great job with your blog!
I think someone else tagged me for this one too. I'll have to get busy. I am afraid I won't be able to come up with seven very interesting things!

Susan said...

Linds - I love these meme's where we learn a little bit more about each other. I thought maybe I'd done this one, but looked back and I haven't so I'll take up the tag!!
I feel like I've shared so much about me and mine. But again when you've lived 69 years you've got a lot to tell!!!

I'd love for you to list the things you'd like to do before you die. When I was younger I was always saying "Some day I'm going to.............." Mickey you to say to me "If your some day ever gets here you're going to be one busy woman". Well, after we retired my "someday" did arrive and I've been able to do a lot of the things I wanted to do. I just know your "someday" will come to.

You are a real blessing to me and a lot of others too. Thanks for blogging!!
((hugs))
Susan

someone else said...

Good list. You have some very interesting details about yourself. I'm a nightowl, too, and I should currently be in bed. yawn....

Rita Loca said...

I can relate to number one!

Susan said...

Hi Linds - I just posted my 7. Come and see. I hope you get a chuckle out of #7 :o) I did just telling it!!!!
Susan

momteacherfriend said...

I shall try to get to my 7 soon. Thanks for thinking of me.