Tuesday, July 10, 2007

More ramblings....

It has been a long day.......


  • Mum has proved she is indeed who she is. Do not ask. It entailed a visit to a neighbouring town to be interviewed. Officialdom gone crazy. Memorable only for the look on the interviewer's face as she looked at my mother's naturally brown hair and said " You are quite old!" For heaven's sake, Mum will be 82 this year. I have more grey hair than she does, which is not reassuring at all. (Stress highlights, remember!!)
  • The above official necessity meant I only had a half day of teaching, but had to stay late to review all coursework. It is done. I am a star. Well, I didn't want to have to work late in the next few days because......
  • My sister arrives tomorrow. Late. After I have attended the Awards evening for school. 3 line whip time. "Directed time" which means no excuses, you will be there. On stage in formal attire. In my case, I think I can interpret that as sit-at-the-back-near-the-wings-so-you-can-leave-rapidly-as-the-ceremony-ends-and-head-to-the-airport-4o-miles-away-to-fetch-sister. We should get home by midnight.
  • I told my Year 10 girls that I was leaving at the end of term. They were very taken aback. I timed it for the end of the school day to avoid long discussions.

The weekend was a strange one, but it is over now. Lots of friends popping in to check on us, and the sun shone too, for a while. We had the first bbq of the year, and Roger won the tennis at Wimbeldon, which was tough on the nerves, I have to say, but a great distraction. I do like it when he cruises to victory. Nail-biting stuff is exhausting!

Thank you all for the lovely messages and support. It has made a difference. The first year is over. And we are fine, if a little weary.

It will be great to have my sister here for a short visit. She is lovely, and full of energy. Whirlwind is a good description. We will be trying to fit in expeditions to the places (shops) she wants to visit, around work, but I am quite sure we will manage perfectly.

And now I need to go to bed. Tomorrow will be an even longer day!

10 comments:

someone else said...

Rest well and enjoy your time with your sister. Don't even think about needing to blog because you are going to have such a good time. You can tell us all about it after she leaves.

Crystal said...

Have a wonderful time with your sister! Take lots of pictures so you can tell us all about it later. I am blessed to have two sisters and they are the best.

Linda said...

I'm so happy for you that your sister is coming for a visit. I know you'll have a great time.
How much longer until the term ends? I think I'm longing for it almost as much as you are. I picture you dancing happily home and having a nice long rest.
I'm glad you're doing well. I know this isn't an easy time.

Dawn said...

I think I'd like to a lot more about Mum!! She sounds like a very interesting person.

Have fun - there's nothing like a sister.

Kelli said...

You .... are a ROCK STAR.

Have a great time with your sis :)

Susie said...

You are so very blessed to still have your Mom with you. (I'm sure you know that too.) I always wished for a sister :)
Have an absolutely wonderful time and
make some beautiful memories..
xoxo

Carole Burant said...

My mom is 75 and she doesn't have any grey in her hair...I'm going to be 50 and have some white hair...not fair! lol Glad to hear that your sister is coming for a visit...I've no doubt you'll have a wonderful time and I look forward to hearing what you two get up to:-) xox

Anonymous said...

Im sori today has been a long day
hope you have a nice time with your sister

Lori said...

I pray you have a good visit with your sister.

I look forward to reading all about it.

Barb said...

My sister is a whirlwind of energy too, Linds. Five minutes around her and I'm toast. LOL

It's Thursday (here) so I know by now your sister is there. I hope you two have a wonderful time together.