Thursday, July 05, 2007

Ramblings......

IT IS RAINING. Ok. I have got the weather out of the way. They say it is the wettest Wimbeldon in history.

Today we had a mini (as in toddler) fashion show after school. My Year 10 non examination girls have made toddler dresses and so we found a couple of models and rigged a catwalk out of my tables, draped a backdrop with some of my fabric, and it was absolutely great. The big girls were so excited to see real live babies in the dresses they made, and I was so proud of them. The lazy ones, who have not finished their dresses will be SO put out tomorrow in class when I show them the photos. I foresee a sudden spurt of dressmaking on the horizon.

The springs on the 2 most comfortable chairs in my house have expired. Kaput. One now descends to the depths when one sits in them. This is not good. I decided to do some repairs today but have left a vital piece of equipment at school. Most of my useful tools seem to have found their way to school. I must start rounding them up to bring home. Tomorrow. I will do spring repair tomorrow. How exciting. We may not need to consider installing hoists after all.

My sister is arriving for a few days next week, and that is something really good to look forward to. I could point out that this time last year it was in the mid 30s every day. She flew over exactly a year ago next week, to be here for the funeral. She should bring her wellies and winter gear this time. Marge???? Do you hear? I wonder where I can get plans for an Ark.......

7 comments:

Pam said...

Goodness me, you do sound competent - dressmaking and chair repairing. I'm so impressed. I just know where to put apostrophes. And plants.

It hasn't rained here all day until just about an hour ago - in fact, it's been warm(ish) and sunny. I'm going to sit down for a couple of hours and watch Wimbledon tomorrow so I hope it's not going to rain there...

Crystal said...

Oh, your fashion show sounds delightful! I remember modelling things I had made in yearly shows for Home Ec class and 4-H. I haven't thought about that for a very long time :)) Good luck bringing home all your stuff - too bad we couldn't have helped each other - I daresay we would have had fun!!

Dawn said...

Sorry about your chairs! Our couch and love seat are in such bad shape it's embarrassing, but we don't plan to upgrade until the kiddoes are a bit bigger and don't do such harm to good furniture!

Sorry it's still raining.

Susan said...

The fashion show sounds fun. I'm so glad your sister's coming to be with you for a spell. Is she as witty and funny as you are? If so I bet it will be a fun time.
Susan

Lori said...

I pray you have a great visit with our sister.

Barb said...

Apparently it's raining cats and dogs every single other place in the whole world except where I live, Linds. How we'd love a couple of days of rain here just to cool us off!

You did a great job of summarizing the situation with the inquest in your previous post. I'm sure it answered a lot of questions for people.

And I know you'll be glad to get this sad anniversary that's coming up behind you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda said...

It is not raining here - at the moment. There are dark clouds, however, on the horizon. But we have actual sun out right now - and did yesterday too. I hope it decides to show up in your part of the world very soon.
The little fashion show sounds like lots of fun. I can understand why those girls didn't want you to go. You're a great teacher Linds.
I'm so glad your sister is coming. Perhaps the rains will have stopped by then, but I'm sure you girls will have fun whatever the weather is!!