Monday, October 22, 2007

The computer is deader than dead

Just popping in to say that the computer is no more. It expired when I switched it on on Saturday night, with one of those wonderful blue screens and information referring to "hardware failure" and "fatal error" amongst all the other nasty white words. And then it breathed its last and shut down with a rather final click. In fact, it has been dismembered by son and is now adorning every work surface of my kitchen. I see this as a learning experience for him. He will now be able to fix all future computers.

I am arranging a creative way to get back on line as we all know that life without a computer is inconceivable. Totally. Utterly.

I will be back. Soon, I hope.

WAAIILLLLLLL...........

8 comments:

Donnetta said...

Waiting and eager for your return! :-)

meggie said...

Hope you get back soon!!
Love your Autumn display too!

Dawn said...

Oh, the dreaded blue screen! I"ve never personally experienced it, but have seen it happen more than once at work. Thankfully your son got things backed up!

Thanks for stopping by - somehow.

Crystal said...

Oh, that's awful! I hope you'll be back very soon (good luck with the shopping, I assume).

Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, I panic at the thought of not having a computer!! Mine is now over 6 years old and starting to have a few hiccups so I've been making sure to make back ups of everything "just in case". Hope you get back online real soon!! xoxo

someone else said...

Oh, that sounds serious! I hope he can get it all fixed up. Life without a computer is just not life.

Susie said...

Hi Linds,
Although I haven't been on the computer much lately, the thought of not having one is pretty hard to imagine. Hope yours is repaired in short order.
xo

Barb said...

I'd wail, too, Linds. My computer is five years old now and I'm just waiting for it to die. If it does, I have no idea what I'll do. A new computer certainly isn't in the budget!