Sunday, January 27, 2008

How to sleep through a weekend....

For someone who usually zaps through life at speed, I have slowed to a virtual standstill. It is now exceedingly irritating. If I tell you that I have not had the energy to hold a book to read, you will appreciate how unimpressed I am. My stunning achievements for the weekend are:
  1. I bought food.
  2. I washed the car. This involved holding a running hosepipe while using a cloth to wipe the car down. Then I towel dried it. As I had not washed it in about 2 years, I had reached the stage where I couldn't see a thing with the lights on. It had to be done. Then I had a nap. A long one.
  3. I did 2 loads of laundry. Pushing buttons is easy.
  4. I washed my hair this afternoon. And dried and straightened it. And had another long nap.
  5. I watched the entire Season 2 of Bones.
  6. I learned how to operate the DVD thingy. It has been resident in this house for about 8 years. I am SO on top of newfangled electronic things.
  7. I napped.

And while I slept, I dreamt of all the things I should have been doing. Wanted to do. Needed to do. Sigh. This is ridiculous. Looking at the list, there seems to be a lot of water involved. There is probably a deep psychological reason for this. And if I could stop yawning right now, I would be able to think of something interesting to say. Maybe I should go and make some strong coffee and see if that helps. Hang on a sec......

I have coffee.

What I actually need is rocket fuel. Back to school tomorrow, and little darlings to educate. It is just 3 weeks now until the half term holidays, and we will be off to Switzerland. Now that is definitely something to look forward to!

12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Sounds like a very relaxing weekend -- and well deserved. Your body is trying to tell you that it needs a rest.

How long will you have for half term holidays? Will you have the same students once the break is finished. I'm sure those three weeks cannot go quickly enough.

Good luck this week.

Vee said...

You did just what you needed to do...rest. I spent a lot of time abed today as well and I feel much better for it.

With Switzerland just three weeks away, the week should fly past. Hope that the students had a quiet, restful weekend, too, and are on their best behavior.

Crystal said...

That's exactly what you/we need to do sometimes. Sometimes we forget that rest leads to rejuvenation and better days ahead. We are too often about being busy all the time. Those 3 weeks will go by quickly especially with Switzerland waiting for you!

I haven't been around much but loved reading your question and answer posts. You are a great writer!

Susie said...

Glad you were able to relax a bit :)
How wonderful that you have a nice vacation to look forward to!
xo

Susan said...

So glad you are getting to go back to Switzerland soon.
Susan

Hungry Hippo said...

I am also on the half term count down. I was doing DT with year 2 today and I was a bit peeved about that because it was bound to end in a certain level of chaos given that nobody could cut with their blunt scissors.

Linda said...

Linds,
I'm glad you got to rest this weekend. You really have had so much in the past several months. I think your body is saying - time for a nice long rest.
A trip to Switzerland sounds like a great perscription to me!

Dawn said...

Half term already?? Switzerland again?? Sounds good to me!!

Barbara said...

Hope you will be fit and back on form quickly Linds. Don't over do it.

Switzerland, now there's a treat.

Pear tree cottage! said...

Hello from down here in Australia Linds, sounds a lot like the body telling the brain a little rest is needed and I am sure it did you the world of good, even if I think you did a lot of those things needed at a weekend.

I enjoy visiting you but do not often leave a comment, sorry about that. I will from now on!

Lee-ann

Dawn said...

Hope you're doing okay!

meggie said...

It seems to me, Switzerland must be your spiritual home. You seem to find peace, & relaxation there.
New Zealand has a lot of Swiss characteristics.