Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The letter B



Today is the "B" day for Morning Glory's Alphabet soup, where on Tuesdays, we share things which bring joy and pleasure to our lives.



  • So first I am listing babies. Of course I am. I am going to be a Granny, and I can't wait, and babies are such a blessing!

  • Beans. We grow beans at home and on the allotment, and I love fresh beans picked and cooked straight away.

  • Butterflies - always different and beautiful, silently fluttering about my garden. Impossible to catch on camera though.

  • Blogging. For so many reasons, but especially for the wonderful friends I have made since I started. You enrich my life.

  • Books. I can't be without them. I adore reading and having books at hand makes me feel that all is right with my world. Being able to enter different worlds and times simply by turning a page is such a blessing.

  • Blankets. The lovely ones my Mum has crochetted which are all around my house, and the soft fleece one known as the cloud, under which I curl up with a book on the couch. They keep me warm!

  • Biscuits - cookies to you in the States. Chocolate ones, ginger ones. Home-made ones. Perfect with the blanket and book. And coffee.

  • In fact, there are a great many Bs I can think of in the food department - bread, butter, bananas, butternut, broccoli, berries (it is time to go blackberrying here at the moment)

  • Bonfires - Autumn is traditionally when bonfire night happens here - November 5th to be exact. Guy Fawkes. It is such fun to stand around huge bonfires wrapped up warmly, and watch the fireworks going off on crisp cold nights.

  • Balloons. Hot air one, or party ones. They make me smile.

So that is my list. What Bs bring joy and pleasure to your life? Pop on over to Morning Glory's place and leave a link if you join in!

PS..... In my last post I meant life after children AT HOME. After 32 years, I no longer have any at home any more. Believe me, I know they are still there and I love them all dearly. They are just no longer here. And it is right that they are off and flying. I just need to adapt. This is new for me too!

15 comments:

Olson Family said...

Just had to say THANK YOU! For bailing me out on my little blog mishap. I really need to do more than just 'write' and need to brush up on the tech aspect.
Thanks Again. Susan

Dawn said...

MG doesn't have hers up yet! I did this for the first time ever - and we had a couple of the same, you and I. Good ones! You thought of many more than I could come up with.

I knew what you meant!! Mine never get too far away, it seems - except when Kev was in Africa, of course - oh, and California.

Joyful Days said...

What a great list, although we don't have Guy Fawkes bonfires, but it sounds fun. My "B"s--Boys, my two sweethearts & Ballet, where we spend five days a week.

someone else said...

Great list, Linds! It would be fun to be at your bonfire with you. I'll be enjoying the cooler evenings under the lap quilt you made for me.

Susan said...

Nice B's!!! I would add Blessing.
Susan

Susie said...

Great list of B's and I'm not at all surprised that baby tops your list.
He/she will be one of your life's greatest blessings.
xo

Vee said...

Great B List! I especially like the biscuits, blankets, and books concept. We turned on the furnace this morning for the first time...oh the bliss of 65 degrees F. I'm giving serious consideration to spending time with the three B's on the sofa very soon.

Jan said...

Oh what a wonderful list! I'm so enjoying reading about all of your favorite things!

Needled Mom said...

Good job, Linds. I can't wait to see what you do with the "D" and your recent nightmare. :)

Sandra said...

Great list Linds :) I had to laugh at the biscuits, I still call them that and I remember when my husband first mentioned Sausage Biscuits to me I thought it was really gross LOL

Of course I was thinking of sausage cookies LOL

Barb said...

I just love your clean, new look, Linds. Good grief. I go away for a few days (blogitively speaking) and look what you do! A whole new look and it's lovely.

BABIES. That's my very favorite B word. Surprise. Surprise. LOL

Mary said...

I am going to be a little humbly today and choose the word 'bragging' as one of my favourite 'B' words. I am going to brag that I am off to Sydney in less than a week - mini holiday. Yeah!

meggie said...

Nice post Linds.

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Linds:-)

I'm finally back in the land of blogging and my Bloglines is finally showing me your new posts!!! Yeahhhhh! lol I so enjoyed reading your list of words starting with B...such great news that you will be a Granny next year:-) We'll have to compare notes when the time comes! lol Congratulations to all of you!! xoxo

Tammy said...

oh what a lovely list...YOu have some I didn't think of like blankets. Thanks for sharing and have a delightful day