Monday, October 13, 2008

People .....

Today has been a whirlwind of people through the door. I had no plans, and then people happened. Friends arriving to visit, or for advice, or for moral support. And then I would sit down to write, and in someone would come. I am delighted they do come. And that they feel they can just arrive. It has taken a long time to educate my friends in the "dropping in" ways I grew up with! (And do not even think of correcting the grammar - I am aware of what I wrote, but am too tired to rephrase anything!) Friends in the morning, the afternoon, and the evening. The last one just left. Sigh. It has been good fun.

It is now after 11pm, and as I fell asleep on the couch last night (again) and woke after 2am, I have every intention of going to bed very soon. I keep saying people matter. I mean that. Today my friends barrelled in the door. I love that. So - a good day. A busy day. My kind of day. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Night all.......

6 comments:

Kelli said...

What a great day you've had! Rest well, my friend :)

Barb said...

It sounds like the perfect day to me, Linds. I'm sure you know how lucky you are to have so many friends who know they can just drop in to visit and cheer you up.

Lucky, lucky you. I'll bet you sleep like a baby tonight.

Mary said...

missed this post somehow. You do have a lot of friends - they obviously are drawn to your honesty and generosity.

cheers

Anonymous said...

Friends are flowers in God's garden. Your garden seem to blossom willingly :-)

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Dropping in like that would kille me. Kill. Me!

someone else said...

I would love to have been one of your "dropping in" friends!