Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring.....for Vee

I mentioned the daffodils growing on the roadside verges yesterday so I thought you may actually like to see them......

As my mother always says, in South Africa, they would be picked and sold in bunches to people in their cars at traffic lights. They would never last on the roadside!



Just over the hedge the lambs are playing with their mothers.....



There you are - a little bit of England in the spring.
I will be back a little later to talk about what I did today. Here is a clue.... it has something to do with this..........

I seem to have a slight technical hitch with a video. It is on its side again, and my son is trying to fix all. You can relax people. I am still alive!

10 comments:

Crystal said...

How beautiful those daffodils are along the roadsides!! We are still covered in snow so these signs of spring are much appreciated. I'm so glad you are home and back in blogland :)) Happy Spring to you!

Pam said...

So, so pretty, dear Linds. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

Praying for you daily though I've not officially dropped by to let you know.

Rosaria Williams said...

Oh, sweet spring scenes! How are you feeling?

Dawn said...

So beautiful and so British!!

I have a feeling you're going to show us a picture of you driving that beast!

I see a few daffodils peeking up in my yard today - hope they don't get covered in snow again.

Mary said...

I'll admit it - I so would have picked some of those daffodils.

Barb said...

Daffodils are my favorite spring flower. I love them so much, I'm using them as the profile photo when I leave comments now.

Let me guess. You talked the man into letting you drive that thing!

Vee said...

Oh wow! For me? This was fabulous and to think that I almost missed it! I love seeing all the daffodils growing on the side of the road that way. It's not like that here at all. And seeing the lambs beside their fleecy dams...just super! A few weeks more and I may have a pic to show you...

someone else said...

Daffodils are one of the prettiest signs of spring. Thanks for sharing the beauty.

Bonnie said...

Wow ! Love the daffodils !!

Tee said...

The spring flowers in England are beautiful. I was so surprised at their beauty when the weather was so cool. Loved the photos of the sheep with their little lambs. So English. We have goats here in Georgia, but we never see any sheep. I don't know why.