Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The sweet sounds of spring....

An alternate version of :

Outside my window........

Instead of the sweet chirping of birds,and the rustle of leaves, I have this......

The roaring of bulldozers and trucks to take away the soil. I am hearing no sweet sounds of spring. My house is shaking a little.

And driver of the bulldozer has 2 small dogs in his cabin, as he moves those arms and dish thingy like a mystical ballet .


See???? Have a look closer....

And spring has moved inside instead. These are the roses my friends had waiting for me in the house when I got home. Beautiful.


And these are Henry and Henrietta, my Easter wildlife I found in Bath. They became our ward pets. They wobble on springs. They kept us all amused!

And now I am off to watch the earthworks. I would love to try driving the bulldozer. I told them. I think they are assuming that I am joking........... Give me half a chance and I will be in that cabin and playing.

8 comments:

Olson Family said...

I DO believe you'd have a turn at driving that dozer - dogs are too funny.

My neighbors have also ripped out their landscaping and our backyard is being redone as well. But, we're bunkered enough into the hillside that I don't feel or hear too much.

Spring has almost sprung - waiting..waiting...

Barb said...

Your Easter chickens are too cute. :-) And I hope you're kidding about the bulldozer. PLEASE don't be trying stunts like that until your leg is cured. LOL

someone else said...

I once drove an old tractor through a very old cemetery. I tried to avoid the markers.

Mary said...

I've got a picture in my head right now of you sitting in the bulldozer - hold on - what's that I see/


Don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Lovely roses by the way. Pass on the chicks...;)

Rosaria Williams said...

Now, Linds, you're supposed to rest, remember?

Needled Mom said...

Just a moment of computer time here, Linds, but was interested in reading how you did in Bath. The pictures looked fabulous and I loved ready all of your adventures there. I'm glad that you get to pamper yourself and know it is good for you.

Loved the bobbing chicks. So cute.

I'll check back as I have time. Good to have you back home and posting again.

Dawn said...

I hope they finish their heavy work soon and your house quits shaking! I hope the dogs enjoy their work!

My advice is with the others - don't do it!

Carole Burant said...

So....have you tried out the bulldozer yet??? hehe That would be so awesome!! Too funny about the driver having two dogs in the cabin with him, never seen that before!

Love Henry and Henrietta, they brought a smile to my face as soon as I saw their picture:-) xoxo