Saturday, April 25, 2009

That went well then....

Remember the pacing I am supposed to be doing????? Take it from me, I have failed this part miserably. I just will not be sensible. I do not think. I am certifiable. Stupid.

I know.

And just for good measure, the "get rid of it" is at war with the "waste not" part of me. So we are all balanced and happy and completely calm and measured here at the Casa de la Rocking Chair today. Just peachy.

The day did not start well. I got up and the heavens opened. Rain was the one thing I had not bargained for, and did not need. So all the pancakes were in vain. Eaten with delight, but the carbo-loading was unnecessary because the sheds could not be emptied in the rain. I am a fair weather "sorter".

It did brighten up later, so I started moving logs, and then sort of crushed a finger. This was inconvenient to the extreme, but did I stop and relax and read or twiddle my thumbs??? Did I heck. Did I call the son to come and do the work? What do you think? He was upstairs and I was in the garden. It was too far to walk. I am full of warped logic. Then I decided to sweep the one shed. With a dustpan and brush. Bent double from the waist as I can't kneel. So the hunchback of Notre Dame has nothing on me right now. If I go and relax on the couch, I will still be there tomorrow. Probably for the next 2 weeks.

And then I somehow managed to cook for more than we needed for supper. Remember the waste not bit?? I can now not even summon up a waddle. Groan. Pacing? Moderation? Sense?

Hah.

I have lost the lot. And the plot.

Excuse me while I hobble off to see if there is any hot water. I need a long soak. And an intravenous dose of common sense.

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Sensibility is quite over-rated, don't you think?!! I hope you had a lovely long soak and that tomorrow is a quiet, keep your feet up kind of day. ((( HUGS )))

P.S. You asked if I am going to see Mel - my head is sensibly telling me that it's too expensive, etc, etc, and my heart is longing to fly there the instant we get a phone call. So I'm completely sitting on the fence and praying for guidance and wisdom in decision making. I cannot fathom not seeing this little one until it is 2+ months old but the flight cost of $800 - $1000 is pretty prohibitive right now. Thanks for asking and caring!

Needled Mom said...

After that sort of day I would soak in the tub until my skin shrunk off my bones. You deserve it.

Rosaria Williams said...

First ice the back, legs for fifteen minutes. Then, soak away and Pace yourself in your mind.

Barbara said...

You may have lost the plot but you sounded like you made it fun.

So pleased for you Linds to see that Diana will be visiting for a while.

The knitting incidentally was exacerbating upper back pain.

Mary said...

My first reaction from reading your post was to appreciate your fine literary skills and LOL. Then I started thinking - maybe the experts in Bath don't really know what they are talking about! I think you should do as your told - or not ;)

Laurie in Ca. said...

I love Needled Moms advice on soaking:) It is so darned hard when the body and mind refuse to get on the same page.~sigh~ I just love your Lilac Linds, I swear I can almost smell the picture. Is this a bush or a tree? It is just gorgeous!
I love you girl and it won't be long before you can enjoy Diana's company.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Dawn said...

Oh, my dear Linda - be a good girl, okay??

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I think we must be related somewhere back along the family tree, Linds.

Hope you can rest up and relax a little today. After all, you're probably going to do it all again, now aren't you? ;o)

Have a blessed Sunday, my friend, and enjoy the visit with your family.

Love and hugs,

Diane

Vee said...

You could stitch up that "I'm filled with warped logic." My mother has one that says "Who me anxious? I'm a frayed knot." Yours would be more esoteric.