Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Random bits again......

So another day is nearly over, and with it, another meeting done. All kinds of officialdom I have discovered, are things I loathe. The people may be very nice, but I am a maverick too, and I hate being typecast, or having to tick boxes.

Oh well, that is the moan of the day done with for now. The boxes are duly ticked. And the patio is finished. The boys did a great job, and I am more than thrilled. You will see photos when I have got it all back in place, as in the 39756787 pots which are piled up around the place need to go where they are supposed to go and THEN you will see all. I promise. I am rather wanting the garden to leap into autumn mode right now. If I never see another tomato it will be too soon, or that is how I am feeling at the moment. There is bounty to celebrate and then there is overload. I want to plant tulip bulbs! Changing seasons are good!

David is starting to gather up all the things he needs for his return to uni, and soon the house will be empty again. Well, I will still be here, but you know what I mean. I will once again discover the floor in the old kitchen, and the piles of uni things will be gone for another year. He is really looking forward to getting back and getting together with his friends, and one hopes, starting the new year of work too. He loves his course, so it is all good. He did extremely well last year, and I am so proud of him. As an added bonus, I do get to see Missy this weekend, though, so that will be wonderful. I wonder if she will remember me at all.

The quilting is going well, but slowly, and the tv is about to give up the ghost and expire, which is not good. Quilting in the chilly evenings is great because I get to be warm while my fingers fly. Snuggly. I just love making things. Having tv to watch while I sew is an added bonus, but hey, if it expires, I will survive. I think.

The word I am focussing on this week is "Fire". Interesting one. Memories of fires, campfires, fireplaces, bbqs, chiminea, toasting marshmallows, mountain fires fanned by the south-easter, dreams of woodburning stoves, sitting in front of fires and watching the flames dance...... so much to think about, write about, take photos......
I am really enjoying picking a random word and then looking for it through the week. Dredging up memories, and writing down the many and varied thoughts it conjures up. It is good discipline and very good brain training! Focus. It is all about focus, and the added bonus is that you end up with a scrapbook fo memories as well. Last week's word was "pink" and the week before was "laughter". Random says it all. I am having a ball.

Right. I need coffee. Enjoy the rest of your day!

9 comments:

Edith said...

So glad you are posting again. I think maybe I need to look up your "brain training" and practice it myself...maybe then I'd be more inspired to post regularly.

Take care

Needled Mom said...

I have my mom doing your word game. She was complaining about her brain after being sick for so long this year and I remembered your word lessons. I think she, too, is enjoying it.

Yes, all will soon be quiet there and autumn will descend upon you. You will be wishing for those tomatoes then!!!!

Chris said...

I kept looking for you on Skype as Federer lost the US Open...I was so sure you'd be up!

Feeling much more myself now. We'll talk soon!

Rosaria Williams said...

Glad to hear from you looking forward to a new season of changes.

someone else said...

I love your random posts. I love your zest for life. I wish I could see you more often.

Olson Family said...

Enjoy the coming of Autumn.

I do have free time Oct. 12 - 15 and then the 19th - but it is all with the girls - Fall Break. Do you mind meeting if I have my two little ladies along?

Have a great day - Susan

Dawn said...

Our tomato patch didn't do that great, but we did enjoy a few BLTs with corn on the cob. Yummy.

Can't wait to see pictures of your new patio. DC worked hard filling in the areas around the new patio, and it will be fun to see what beauty he comes up with.

What is David majoring in? I'm sure Missy will remember you shortly after you arrive.

Mary said...

hello me darlin. Post happening this weekend. And that is a promise ;)

Linda said...

I love snuggling up with a project in front of the tv too Linds. I somehow feel a bit guilty if I sit watching with idle hands.
I like your new word. I miss having a fireplace. I used to love just sitting in front of the fire - mesmerized by the flames. If we ever do sell and build the house we have planned, it will include a fireplace!