Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Absolutely random bits and pieces.....

Well, hello there. I seem to have been sleeping for days. I sit down to watch the Olympics (which do happen to be in the middle of the night here, let me add) and fall asleep instantly. This is not what I had in mind, but I have to say the body is worn out. Apparently.

And the cold....it has been SO cold, that once I curl up under the fleecy blanket with a recession heater or 2, I am out like a light. However, it seems to be a little milder today, and I am awake. For now. I have been wrapping the presents for Missy, who is ONE tomorrow, can you believe. I have also spent the morning making bunting out of Sarah Smith dishcloths. And that worked out brilliantly, with the addition of copious amounts of red ribbon. Remind me NEVER to buy another inch of ribbon ever again for the rest of my life. I have enough to wind round the globe. At least 3 times. And we will not discuss bias binding either.

While I have been semi-comatose on the couch, I have been thinking about all the things I mean to do when I get round to them, and realised that I never seem to do the things I dream of doing. And they are all do-able now, without major expenditure, or needing to actually leave the house. Heaven knows I have more than enough supplies of everything known to man. So today, I started on the Gratitude Journal. I have been gathering words and pictures, and bits and pieces to decorate my pages before I write, and I have now torn or cut them out, and will be sticking them in this evening, in a valiant attempt to stay awake. I am also trying out a schedule of sorts, to make sure I remember to do things daily. Like actually write in the Gartitude Journal. That would help. Focus, you know.

And talking of focus, I am off to Bath on 1st March for the rescheduled appointments. I always forget a great deal I mean to talk about at the appointments, so I am writing down a story for them. It may be as long as a book, because life has not been simple and orderly in recent months, now has it. And I am also trying things MY way, to see if maybe they work, given that all the rest has not.

Today is Shrove Tuesday and that means pancakes, so I will be making some for supper tonight. It is not quite the same when there is no queue of children wanting me to make more, though! And, as this is a totally random collection of trivia, David is loving Forensic Anthropology, Diana has acquired a bike, and her knee op is booked for 16 March. Glynis and Peter are in Bruges with friends, and Eurostar is not running after the mega accident in Belgium, so they are not sure if or when they will be getting back. Remember when Matt was there before Christmas, and the trains all ground to a halt? He is their son. I personally think that their family and Eurostar are incompatible.

And that, my friends, is that for today. My camera appears to be working at the moment, which is good. There will be photos after the party, I am sure.

AND....

Happy Anniversary, Marge and Peter! I can't believe you have been married so long! 20 years is a special event - congratulations and loads of love!
Happy Birthday, Naxos! (My doggie nephew)
Happy Birthday, Aninha!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Peter and Glynis's daughter (and Matt's sister). My flatmate is also stuck in Belgium following the crash. Clearly, my family are jinxed. xx

Vee said...

Oh dear! A jinxed family... Not at all pleasant.

Tomorrow the grandgirlie is one. Oh so hard to bend my mind around. Hope we may get a tiny glimpse of a foot or a hand or some tufts of hair.

The Olympics are showing in the middle of the night? Ugh. That'd never do for me. It's bad enough to be up until 1 a.m.

Shrove Tuesday? Must Google. It sounds vaguely familiar...

Vee said...

Oh! Silly me! Fat Tuesday...Shrove Tuesday sounds ever so much better.

Linda said...

I have just been having guilty feelings about my Gratitude Journal Linds. There it sits - all alone on the coffee table waiting for someone to write on the decorated pages...
Enjoy the birthday party. I can't believe it's been a year. I do wish I could slow time down just a little.
It was good to visit dear friend.

Dawn said...

It is fun to join your ramblings. I trust your time in Bath will be very productive.

I can't believe the unfortunate events with the family and the Euro. Amazing.

Wish Missy Happy Birthday from all her cyber grannies!

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to Missy!!! That year has certainly gone quickly.

It is always the best idea to write down all concerns and questions before going to the doctor. One never remembers everything once they get there.

Mary said...

hi.