Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Random reflections......

I made 2 cushion covers. They are not finished because I have no old jumpers here to do the backs so they can wait. Or I may just crochet backs. I will see. I did a bobble edging in a fit of enthusiasm, and then realised that sewing the backs on will require a little ingenuity as a result, but I will sort that out. I hope.


I just popped them on top of a cushion to get the idea. bright. I must be going through a bright phase.

And here is the path I have just walked along. I took the photo because a) I love this walk, and b) to show you how beautifully all the paths are maintained. They are kept ploughed, raked, or whatever they do to them every day, and I have yet to find one not well maintained, and ready for people to walk. It really is superb. The snow on either side of the path is well over a couple of feet deep, and I have no idea how deep the compacted layer is, but if it is anything like the road out of the village, (which never sees warm tyres, so doesn't melt) it must be a good few inches thick. The river is on the left of the photo, but it is frozen and covered with snow.
I had another post all ready to go, but that can wait too. The snow is about to return with a vengeance tonight and tomorrow, and I am a little restless at the moment. Completely NOT following my own stated intentions of yesterday. I am human, you see. The shoulders keep rising to the hunched position. In other words, I am not relaxed. At all. I look as though I am 110.
Right. Pull yourself together, girl, and go and do something . Wash your hair. Make coffee. (And tea.) Find that hook and a ball of wool. Did I mention that I discovered a beautiful wool shop right here in the village? The range of colours is spectacular, and apart from needing a fortune to pay for all the wool I would love to buy, I love popping in to look, and touch and dream. Why is it that I am drawn to the most expensive things?? The wool I love is the most expensive in the shop, which is just typical. I have also got a quilt to finish too, under this desk. And I am still reading the one book I brought with me this time, though a page or 2 is all I can concentrate on at a time. I cannot tell you how frustrating that is.
The relaxation techniques I was taught have completely deserted me. I cannot for the life of me remember how to relax. Suggestions, people. I need suggestions or I may just turn into the Hunchback of Angel Mountain. Mind you, that could be the start of a book, couldn't it.......

9 comments:

Vee said...

How about a nice warm/hot shower? Use delicious smelling soap. Burn a scented candle and have some chamomille honey tea all the while listening to something you love...classical music or perhaps some soaking music...no pun intended.

Oh the pillows are so beautiful! Delightful colors! Are there any thrift stores there for secondhand clothing? Perhaps that would be a solution for finishing them off.

I'd love to join you for a walk on that path. I have boots.

Vee said...

No, scratch that, no chamomille honey tea in the shower...after the shower is soon enough. And don't forget the running conversation with the One who knows you best and loves you most and has a wonderful plan for you. Lean, baby, lean. No driver's seat for you allowed or for me either.

Crystal said...

May I suggest a nice hot bath, candles, scents, soothing drinks, relaxing music, and much prayer and reading of your Bible? Repeated whisperings of "I need you, Lord, please help me" throughout the day are my mantra. A massage is also soothing for me. I hope you can find some ways that will help.

I can't believe how much you are doing with your new hobby - amazing, beautiful work!! The pieces are so lovely, Linds. Expenses - ah, yes - dreary, isn't it to shop and not have funds?!! But you and I have so, so much to be thankful for and that is so good. Take care!

Needled Mom said...

I love the brights!!!! They look so cheery in the cold winter months.

For relaxation I always take my latest quilting magazine and head to the tub. Ahhhhh...I am relaxed just thinking about it. I'd better snap out of that mode as I have two little ones with me today.

greener side said...

Usually a walk outside or some sort of exercise does the trick for me. Some of the other comments sounded good also like a warm bath, a relaxing cup of chamomile tea, soothing music. Deep breaths are also another good method to help you relax.

Kimberly Aardal
Publisher, EveryDayRockingChairs.com

Linda said...

You have some great suggestions here for relaxing Linds. It all looks so breathtakingly beautiful. Perhaps just sitting with a cup of tea and gazing out at all that beauty would work?
You are doing so well with the crocheting. I just love the colorful little pillows. They are just the sort of thing that says home and warmth to me.
Take care Linds. I pray peace and rest to your soul.

Butterfly Mama said...

Yes, tea and a bath are my relaxing ideas. You are a pro at crocheting already - those are beautiful!

I've given you an award over at my place...

Hugs,
Heidi

Janine said...

My dear, your cushions are QUITE spectacular! Relaxation tip for the day - remember to EXHALE. Inhaling is something that you will do automatically. Take it easy.

Mary said...

You have been offered a lot of wonderful ideas on how to relax. I think you should definitely, systematically go through them all - and then - grab a chocolate bar and gobble it all down. Have a good belly laugh. Do a little jig around the lounge.Hop on MSN and have a chat with moi and then have another chocolate bar (with coffee).