Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Flat Princess arrives in England......

The Flat Princess arrived to visit last week. She has dealt with the jetlag, and is regretting not packing more warm clothes, believe me.

She thought my plant umbrellas were a hoot....
And loved the cosmos!

After whizzing about my very small garden, which suited her as she is not very big, you see, she flopped on the couch to rest......
While she dozed, I washed all Diana's carebears which I unearthed from a box, so she investigated them for a while. She is not very old, so they were before her time!

I have some African masks on the wall, so she thought climbing in and out was great fun.

And she approved of the new furniture arrangement, because she had room to pose for photos.

The weather has been appalling, so getting out and about has been difficult, but today we managed to fit in a visit to the village, and she loved seeing the church on the hill......

with the tower which is well over 1000 years old.

And she was intrigued by some of the older houses here too. Not what she is used to at all.....

She did love the church, but was not to keen on the graveyard with the ancient graves and headstones.....
The Square in the village however, really appealed because there were shops! With stuff to buy! Stuff to eat!!

And she approved of the recreation ground - called the Rec. I must say, it looked great in the sun, with the greenery still in place. Some trees are starting to lose their leaves but not many yet..........
She wanted to try out the skateboard ramp, but I was not ready for that.....
And then we went down the valley to the river, and she loved the gate to the fields where the sheep are usually kept. It swings shut and you walk in half way, then move the gate behind you. I don't think she had ever seen one like it before. We were there a while.

She saw the mill house, but my photos were revolting. And she had a great time, and did not get muddy. Me?? That is another story entirely!
Flat Princess is made by Nerine and you can follow her adventures here . What fun it has been having her to visit! Now she is about to pack her bags....... who would like to have her visit next?? Let me know in the comments, and email me your address, and we can get her moving again.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Wow!!! She has done a lot there. It was wonderful to see pics of your area. I enjoyed the visit as much as FP did. I hope to someday see it in person!

Dragonfly Dreams said...

I love the Flat Princess. Thank you for sharing your pictures of the escapades you had and all of the lovely sites you visited! I do think she would love to visit Colorado one of these days (perhaps when it snows?)...thanks Linds!

Vee said...

Hmmm, I'd love to have Flat Princess, but perhaps she'd arrive at a bad time after all the leaves are gone. What do you think? She can hang out with Molly and John. ;D

Kelli said...

We would love to have visit! I will send you our address.

On a different note, thanks for the tour of your village. When I was in England these were the places I loved the most and wanted to move back and live in! Now I am even more jealous :) But, I will settle to live vicariously through you.

Or, get out of this stupid chair and come visit you.

That would be much more fun.

Sue said...

You are showing FP a good time. I've enjoyed seeing your village as much as she has. It's so different to my part of the world.