Thursday, February 03, 2011

Coffee and chatter today..............

The sun is shining, the skies are blue, but the wind.......................... it is freezing.

Weather report: Cold. Again.

I thought you might like to see the book I am reading at night. In the bath. You may have hazarded a guess that it has bonded with my bath water. A few times. You would be right. And now it flops when I try to read it because it never actually dries out completely before it feels the need to go for another swim.

Sigh.

It is not a work of great literature. I do not take those swimming - I have learned that the hard way, believe me. But still, it has some really interesting bits in. It is something about a Christmas Cookie Club, and every chapter is about a different person so I don't really have to remember much, but what I am really loving is the couple of pages before each chapter, talking about an ingredient of the cookies. Like butter, vanilla, nuts , cinnamon etc. The history, the uses, the benefits. I am finding out things I had no idea about before. Mind you, I quite like the idea of a cookie club. I might invent one this Christmas.

It would be simpler if the book was dry though. The pages would not all be stuck together. And it would not be a floppy book.

On the subject of the written word, this morning, I was directed to the website for a local adult education place. Their new list of courses is up, and a friend suggested that there was one which may interest me. The first inkling that the words "Adult" and "Education" do not really mean what I would hope they mean came with the guide to the month. Did you know that it is "FEBURARY"?? I can go to the "FRIST" page, "WETHER" I like it or not.

Hmmmm.

Maybe not. I did see a one day course in wood carving which had great appeal. (I decided against the suggested one which was something to do with kinesiology. (Yes - that was the spelling. I have never heard of it before.)(Hahahahahha...the spell check came up with gynaecology as an option. It has never heard of it either.)

I have just made a hot cup of coffee to warm the hands. And I happened to see 2 lonely Oreo cookies on the way back to the desk. They are history. I suspect my inner Twiggy may never emerge. And you have to be of a certain age to understand that one I think. I am rambling again.

I also hooked my lovely necklace on the towel rail yet again, so am playing with the long nosed pliers as I speak, trying to repair it. For the 44th time. I have a talent for breaking necklaces on rogue towel rails.

As you can see, I have nothing mind blowing to relate. So my coffee and I will let you get on with your day. You will be the first to know if there is anything exciting happening round here.........

7 comments:

Vee said...

I once had a tame and very skinny chipmunk named Twiggy...

Oh I am snagging myself all the time. I bring myself up short on doorknobs and towel racks. The latest was snagging my coatsleeve on the stair rail. I nearly toppled over once again.

Have you visited Penny at The Comforts of Home? She is sharing a video that makes me howl with laughter. Perhaps you'd enjoy it, too. Laughter being good for us all.

Enjoy your day. I must get back to work or get dressed or something.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the M&S advert we can all appreciate Twiggy.

Ann

Dawn said...

I loved the Twiggy statement. I am definitely of the age to know!

I have lost more pearls when I catch a chain in a desk drawer or some such. So frustrating!

The kids finally went back to school - thankfully. It was still cold this morning, but it's up in the 30s this afternoon.

The Bookworm said...

My inner Twiggy lost the battle long ago. The Christmas cookie club book sounds fun, light reading. Does it have a title?

Crystal said...

Your poor book - it makes me laugh because the very same thing could so easily happen to me! I read that book just before Christmas! I too enjoyed the details about each ingredient and found it a pretty easy read with interesting characters. Hope the weather warms up again soon!

SoulDragon said...

Just love your blog - doesn't matter if you think you ramble...it's always entertaining - love the wet book! Keep those ramblings coming....would love some of your cold at the moment ( I was in England Dec/Jan 2010 in the big whiteout. My son & I loved it, and it did not dampen our enthusiasm for exploring. The only downside was that we could not get to the last destination, Cornwall...next time!

Carole Burant said...

It's still frigid over here as well and to tell you the truth, I'm sick of it...sigh! To think that we still have at least 2 months of this to go through yet over here:-(

I used to love reading while taking a bath but many a book/magazine got dropped into the water so now I mostly take showers! lol

Ah yes, Twiggy...I remember her well in her day. Now I feel so old...and fat! lol xoxo