Friday, March 16, 2012

Dreaming of gardens and flowers, and exercising one's.......

Somehow, today became a day of people, plants, dogs and chatter. And coffee. I mention coffee, because last night, while inadvertently watching Extreme Makeover out of the corner of my eye, I heard a body man say that coffee was out of the question if you wanted to lose weight. And so I thought.....right, from tomorrow no coffee.

Well.

I lasted till 10am and then decided that the coffee had to stay. Water just was not the same. I had 3 encounters with friends today, and of course coffee was involved. I have a dry mouth, remember. I need liquid. And before anyone suggest rooibos tea, I LOATHE the stuff. {{shudder}}

Even if I was born in South Africa.

That body man also suggested standing with feet slightly apart and clenching one's buttocks for 5 seconds repeatedly to strengthen the muscles (and tighten one's rear) and at that point, I was no longer watching out of the corner of my eye, but standing in front of the TV practicing. Sigh. There is no hope.

I also need to refrain from watching programmes like that, it seems, but I have to say, it was fascinating.

So the week has whizzed by at speed, and here was are at the weekend already. I love Saturdays, but I have mentioned that before. I am also wondering if I can risk going to church on Sunday or if I will be frazzled again. Hmmm. I may stand at the doors, ready to leave at speed if things start vibrating. We will see. I suspect there will be many eyes on me, waiting to see what happens, if I show up. I live to provide entertainment for the masses.

 I am dreaming of Spring. My garden. My flowers.
 You know, I just can't wait to start planting seeds. I have dreams of another beautiful garden again, especially after my friend arrived this morning with flower catalogues to salivate over. Oh, the colour! Mind you, last year's will be hard to top, because I did go a little overboard on the number of plants. Well, scattering seeds like Lady Bountiful is so much more fun! I did toss seeds all over the garden last autumn, so it will be fun to see what comes up in the beds. Maybe I will wash out the seedling trays and small pots tomorrow.
Do you remember how beautiful it was? I have just been looking through the millions of photos I took. (Click on them to enlarge - much better!) Can I do anything like it this year? We will have to wait and see. AH! It is time for the potatoes! Tomorrow I will plant them. 10 pots. Hah! And so it starts......

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Lovely pictures. And of Missy - what a big girl she's getting!

Carole Burant said...

Now I can't get the picture of you standing there clenching your butt cheeks out of my mind! LOL I'm not a big coffee drinker but I do need my cup in the morning when I wake up. I think when one is watching their weight, it's not so much what you drink and eat, it's how much of it you drink or eat. Smaller portions works for me, I just can't follow a strict diet if my life depended on it!!

Your flower gardens were absolutely gorgeous last year and if the weather cooperates, I can't see why it shouldn't look beautiful like that again this year. Last week we had a ton of snow but this week we've been having above normal temperatures so the snow is really melting fast. In fact, my flowerbeds are now bare of snow and I see tulips, crocuses and daffodils coming out of the ground. That doesn't usually happen until the start of April! As for potatoes, we can't plant those until May. But, this year the weather has been so strange, God only knows what we'll be able to plant sooner than later:-) xoxo

Vee said...

Oh this year's garden will be as lovely. What fun to see all the beautiful posies again! I do not watch Extreme Makeover. It tends to make me quite ill and I am not giving up my one cup of coffee a day either. In fact, I may increase it to two. Yes, I have been known for my rebellious ways. Slinking off now...

Unknown said...

Perhaps my coffee will be my weight loss down fall. Your garden pictures are beautiful. I am anxious to see this years end results.

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Oh your garden looks just wonderful Linds - definite green fingers at your house!!

Stripeyspots said...

Coffee activates lipoprotein lipase, the enzyme that breaks down fat in your body, so I disagree with that man. Having said that I am doing his clenching maneuver even as I type. Interesting...