Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturdays are good days......

Hello from the couch......
I had a great number of good intentions for the day and I am happy to report that the peas are planted on the allotment, the patriotic bunting is cut out, the meeting re the American choir has been attended (here) and I finally remembered to buy sweeteners for my coffee. Unfortunately the Co-op did not have any Calgon for my latest attempt to shift limescale. So I am considering it a productive day.......

 I tell you, with this crazy weather, I get all the exercise I need going in and out to open, close, open, close, open the greenhouses. And get this, remember I told you about the squirrel repellent spray? So there I was, in my kitchen making coffee, and I looked out of the window and there was this enormous squirrel, bent down from the fence into an empty hanging plant pot, which was apparently full of water, washing his hands and face. That must be because of the spray. So of course, I did my road runner impression and grabbed the spray and added more to the top of the fence. Hah. War, I tell you.
 Don't you love this photo of the seeds ready to plant? Hmmm. Maybe I am losing my mind. Bear in mind that I do not need any more seedlings anywhere, because I have enough for a large botanical garden somewhere....but I just love looking at the 2 happy yellow dishes with packets of magic in them. Seeds are magical, aren't they?
I took this photo last night, of the rain drops on a daffodil leaf. Just like diamonds, or tears- so beautiful.

The house is still decked with washing - my new line of desirable decor, but it is drying because it is cold and the heating is on. Sigh. I hate switching the heating on. However, I may have to for the foreseeable future, because one paper today said that May would be a month of snow and freezing temps. Gee. Great. I want to plant things!! (Becky? Bring winter gear!) And now I am off to sew up a few more triangles to make the patriotic bunting, because there is nothing I want to watch on TV. Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

You are cut from the same cloth as my husband! Busy garden beavers and Impatient to plant and put things out to grow. I came home yesterday to find all 200+ tomato seedlings sitting on the ground outside the garage door - what the - -- -? It was +10 but there are snowbanks still along the fence lines and even the grass is not green yet. He thinks they need to be hardened off - it's going to be at least 6 weeks before they can go out!! I gathered them all up, like a mother hen, and brought them back inside the house. Patience, my dears, patience! And I really hope you are wrong about the weather in May, whether here or there.

Happy Saturday - I'm finally burning pictures on CDs from the 90th birthday party nearly a month ago. But my cut-out quilt pieces are urgently calling my name. ((( HUGS )))

Vee said...

Snow in May there?! Whose idea is this?

Needled Mom said...

Brrr....it sounds more like winter.

I love the photo of the rain drops on the leaf.