Friday, January 04, 2013

2013 Creative pay it forward........

Good morning, all! My daughter is on her way to Cambridge this morning, my son is on his way back to Poole and uni, and Mum and I are relaxing in the sun here at home with the washing machine whirring away. And my daughter vacuumed the house before she left. I am one appreciative mother! 

Yes, you heard me correctly. There is sun at this very moment. Sun makes me smile. So, because I am smiling, and because I saw this fabulous idea yesterday on Facebook, and because I am all about spreading the JOY here at RCR, I am adapting it to include my blog. 

"‎2013 creative pay it forward ....

The first 5 people that comment (on my status) here will receive from me, sometime in the next calendar year, a random gift - perhaps a book, baked goodies ,candle, or surprise! There will be no warning and it will happen when the mood strikes me. The catch??? Those five people must make the same offer in their own (FB status!) blog "


That's right. The first FIVE people to comment will receive, at some time during 2013, a gift for me. My timing, my choice, my delight. The catch being that those five people must do the same thing on their blog, or their Facebook status in 2013. Got it?? I have no idea who started this off, but I got it from a friend, and I love the whole idea of passing it on. Whoever it was, thank you so, so much!

Now isn't that the best idea to start the year? Spreading some happiness? I can't wait to come up with some surprises! If you are in the first five, please email me your home address so I can actually get my gift to your doorstep! lal50atbtinternet.com and use the proper @ sign, of course. Just think - so many of us could be the recipient of surprise gifts in 2013. And that really does bring a huge amount of joy to my heart. 

So off you go and enjoy your afternoon/morning/night!

PS: I suddenly thought that some of you don't have blogs or do Facebook. That is not a problem. Comment anyway, and then just send 5 of your friends gifts this year. Everyone can take part! I should have thought of this. I am so sorry!

5 comments:

Vee said...

Ahh...I should put you in touch with some of my friends who are doing this. Sounds as if it could be fun, though I gave up these activities as being too stressing for me. I know... DARE.

She vacuumed for you...what a sweetheart. It really is all about the little things.

Crystal said...

I feel like I'm ahead because you sent me a lovely little package just a few weeks ago! But I love the idea so, so much that I'm going to do it too using my blog. Thanks for the inspiration to do good things, Linds!

Book or baking or preserving or paper goods or something sewn - hmmmmm?

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! I don't have a blog, but I do have facebook....I'm in! Should I send you my facebook info so that you know I did it ? Or, emai me lisakay624 at yahoo dot com. It is nap time now, but I will mke sure to post it this evening. Lisa

Janine said...

What a fabulous idea! Who knows, your random gift may just arrive at the moment that someone is feeling down and in need of some tlc. Good one Linds.

Kelli said...

Ok. After much thought to the commitment, I am in. ♥

I am off to post to FB ☺

Love you to bits. But. You know this.