Monday, February 24, 2014

I need to speed up.....

Life seems to be flying past me at speed. I need to get moving fast, or invest in roller skates or something flashy. Seriously, people, this has to change. 

In the past week, Missy has turned 5. I cannot believe the child is 5, at big school and just so tall and skinny, and gorgeous. She and her aunt had a great time painting when we were there for a visit. Diana has been in Copenhagen for a week  and she spent a few days catching up with her niece (and her brother and sister-in-law). I gather Frozen is the hot favourite at the moment. So is painting. And craft. And bikes. And dancing.
102

Five. I am sitting here shaking my head in total disbelief. My granddaughter will be a teenager before I know what I am doing. 

I do know I will be 60 this year, and that is enough to make the hair stand on end. Not the age. but the number, if you see what I mean. How can I have seen 60 new years? 

Oy. 

The rain stopped finally, and David and I went to a nearby park recently, to inspect the flooded path ways.
046


The lakes seemed larger than usual. 

055

Seriously, we are so lucky around here, because there are hills, and valleys, and the water doesn't flood many homes. 

054

And the sun shining was better than any medical tonic. Blue skies for a while and real sun. The swans seemed to love it too. 
049

039

This is normally a path. Some brave cyclists went through it and informed us that it got really deep further on. The path was closed anyway, so we had no intention of wading through lakes. 
021

Quite law-abiding, you see. 

On the home front, the crocheting of the mood blanket continues, and oh, how I loved the Winter Olympics. I am particularly partial to the bobsleigh. My heart nearly stopped when Canada 1 crashed. I cannot believe those men did not get hurt. And then the commentator casually announces that they will have crashed hundreds of times before. Hello? Are they insane? Someone was saying that they would love to see the ride from a camera mounted on the sled. I think they have simulators for that. But such fun to watch. And that mad race on snowboards with 4 at a time. Love it. 

From the rocking chair, of course. 

I used to absolutely love skating. Ice dance and all that. But honestly, the scoring system totally escapes me now. I want the old way - you know, where it was all out of 6 and you saw each judge's marks under their flag of origin. I like to see if there is biased marking for myself.  I understood that. Now we get 158.2 and it is supposed to mean something? Really? 

You will be relieved to know we now have a 4 year wait before I can justifiably argue about the scoring at ice skating competitions. 

Happy Monday to you all!

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Where do the years go, Linds? I have about 7 years on you and I can't believe it either.

That is a LOT of water, but the sights you shared look beautiful and restful.

I have loved the Olympics, but I agree that I would like to see the 1-10 scores too. I guess the points are better for the technical scoring. The event that blew my mind was the skeleton where they go down head first!!!! They must be crazy.

Stripeyspots said...

I am turning 40 and I'm not sure when that happened…

Crystal said...

We loved every minute of the Olympics too! And the bobsled crash was scary, the early morning (5 am) hockey game for gold was awesome and there were so many amazing athletes from so many places to cheer - it was all wonderful. I will see 60 next year - right behind you. The years have flown by and been filled with so very many blessings. What a rich life we live!

Crystal said...

We loved every minute of the Olympics too! And the bobsled crash was scary, the early morning (5 am) hockey game for gold was awesome and there were so many amazing athletes from so many places to cheer - it was all wonderful. I will see 60 next year - right behind you. The years have flown by and been filled with so very many blessings. What a rich life we live!

Vee said...

Five. Already. And it does not slow down. 60? Hmmmm...Right. A friend recently told me that 60 is the new 40. I told her that I was pretty sure that it isn't.